Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can't show you the knitting I'm doing...

I'm working on a new pattern, but don't have enough of it done to post it. So I'll show you supper!


Grilled chicken pizza done on the BBQ!


Grilled Pizza with Chicken, Grilled Veggies and Pesto
Ingredients
pizza dough - I use homemade whole wheat crust.
1 large or 2 small chicken breasts (grilled, roasted, or cooked in some fashion), sliced
grilled veggies (I used leftover grilled onions, mushrooms, red peppers and summer squash from last night's supper)
pesto
feta cheese, in small cubed
mozza, grated

Method
Preheat grill to medium heat.

Form dough into balls larger than golf balls and smaller than tennis balls. Roll out to between 1/8" and 1/4" thick. Dust with flour and stack in layers, separated by parchment paper.

Place pizza rounds on grill for 2 minutes with the cover closed. Flip. While still on the grill, spread with a bit of pesto, sprinkle with mozza, feta, veggies and chicken.

Go sparingly on the toppings on this pizza, it gets soggy with too many and is difficult to remove from the grill.

Close cover, grill for an additional 90 seconds, or until mozza is melted. Remove to a cooling rack, or cut and eat immediately.

I can only fit two 8" pizzas at a time on my grill so some of the pizzas are warm and some are hot by the time I have them all cooked. But at ~4 minutes cooking time, I'm done 8 pizzas in 16 minutes!

Yummy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

looks delicious!! I cheat a bit when I makes these at home- I use a Greek pita, and slap everything on top,. So quick and easy.