Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Did you know...

You can make homemade puff paint!
.
.
This is so thrilling to me. I love it when you can make homemade versions of things. When I looked over the craft ideas in the fall curriculum for our church's Kid's Club, I was thrilled to see a recipe for puff paint!
.
The recipe:
1 tbsp white glue
food coloring
2 heaping tbsp shaving cream
.
Mix the glue and food coloring together. Then mix in the shaving cream until it is the consistancy of stiffly beaten eggs. Put into squeeze bottles and have fun!
.
I opted to use 1 tsp of craft paint in place of the food coloring as I thought it might make for better clean up. This is best used within a few hours of making it. I left some overnight in a sealed squeeze bottle, and while it still worked, it wasn't quite as nice as when it was freshly made.
.

.
Totally unrelated, but I thought it was fun! Just as I pulled into my driveway, this happened!
.

No comments: