Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day Four - Painted Log Medallions

Today's Camp E.D.G.E. craft was a bit lighter on prep and finishing for me! Yesterday's Tshirts were a big job - but sooo worth it! The kids all looked great in their bright shirts and they were really happy with them.
.
"God Loves Me!" log medallions
One of my friends provided me with a few lengths of pin cherry branches from some clearing they were doing about their property and G used his chop saw to cut them into 1/2 inch thick rounds. I drilled a hole in each one near the edge.
.
.
Each kid received a medallion and painted to their hearts content. For the younger children I used tempura paint for easier cleanup. For the older kids I used acrylic craft paints. Once the medallions were dry, the helpers wrote "God Loves Me" on each of the littler kids medallions with permanent marker. The older children's medallions weren't quite dry enough - so they'll write on theirs at home. If they wish, the kids can thread a piece of string through the hole and hang their medallion around their necks, the doorknobs to their bedrooms or any where they'd like for decoration!
.

No comments: