Friday, July 17, 2009

Christmas in July

We'll be off in a few weeks to visit my family. It will be great to see my siblings, their spouses and my neices and nephews again. It's been two years, sigh. Fortunately I've seen my parents a bit more often than that. They were here for a visit last fall and it will be good to see them again too. So... because I hate paying postage, I'm in a flurry of Christmas knitting.
.
I've already made a pair of mittens for my sister's youngest,
.
but now I have a pair for her boy too.
.
For my sister's oldest, I paid for her to take a drop spindle class for her birthday a month ago, and so this is for her Christmas present! This spindle is similar to the one I made for me out of a bead from Michael's and a nicely carved dowel.
.
I plan to make a pair of Anemoi's for my sister and some fingerless gloves with a flap to cover the fingers for my BIL. These I won't likely get to until later, but at least I won't have to worry about the spindle getting damaged in the mail.
.

No comments: