Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bijouterie

I survived the snowboarding - but I don't think that it's fair that those teens and kids make it look so easy. That is probably the hardest thing I've ever tried. And it was scary. But the kids enjoyed it - so that made it all worthwhile!
.
I loved the Bijouterie from the winter Knitty since it came out, but so far hadn't tried the pattern. I checked out sterling silver findings and wire at the local Michaels, but came up empty with the exception of the wire guards. I figured that without sterling silver wire, it wasn't worth the $10 for the 50pk of wire guards, so I bought some inexpensive 28 guage silver-colored wire to give things a try. Here's my attempt with some silver colored E-beads that I had in my craft bin and some Dollarama earing hooks that B had in her bead stash.
.
.
I think they turned out beautifully, and B is hoping I'll knit up a second one so she can wear them to school tomorrow. I think it's a great pattern and will definately spring for the silver wire and findings in the future!
.

No comments: