Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

We've had a lovely Christmas Eve day. Sleeping in followed by baking up a storm (clockwise from top: gingerbread, angels, cinnabon clones, shortbread). The kids had such fun cutting out gingerbread and the house smells wonderful. They must have been at it for about 2 hours - they filled almost 5 baking sheets!





I love the gingerbread angels (centre right). A few years, M wanted to make gingerbread angels and I told him I didn't have a cookie cutter in that shape. Undaunted he said, "that's OK, you'll think of something." With such hope in his mommy, I got creative and figured that hearts cut in half, with a gingerbread boy on top would be OK. He thought they were great and this year, he dipped the "wings" in sugar before placing the gingerbread boy on top to give the wings sparkle. The one with the heart in the centre is "just for me" because he says he loves me so much.


Tonight we'll have pizza and then sing a few songs, light our advent wreath candles and read the Christmas story from the bible. After that more relaxing while eating cinnamon buns and watching Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I just love the stop-motion animation. I think Yukon Cornelius is my favorite character!


Merry Christmas!

No comments: